Friday, October 09, 2009

On the road to freedom...

"Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits." -Robert Brault.

I've always been a stubborn so and so, and I'll carry on persisting...until I get it right!

So, as a spin-off from yesterday what are my plans?
  1. Build up the stock of paintings and resource material.
  2. Check to see if there is a market for originals and prints in my style.
  3. Build a new website to include trade and retail as well as licensing. 
  4. Arrange visits to publishers
  5. Arrange visits with galleries
Time frame...9 months (let's hope it doesn't end up a pregnant pause or a false alarm).

The time taken to build up the stock will give a good indication as to how I'm enjoying it and if I should continue.

I've emailed my manager asking for a three day week in order to have time to paint.  The response is encouraging.

My expectation is that I will enjoy it and make the break to full-time  in June.
I won't allow so much pressure from my publisher this time if I go ahead. The key is enjoyment.

Spending the summer painting in France is an option now.  Feels good!

All I have to do is make it happen!

6 comments:

  1. Ken, there's not much more painting to do in France because Bev has done it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I have you to blame for my stubbornness or is it just being focused and determined misunderstood! You are definitely good enough Dad. I hope it all works out for you. I hope your not including the paintings you promised us in that stock you're wanting to build up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you are not talking Dulux emultion paint here either!. I am having fun finding out how I paint again... sounds like you have a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good Eileen...sharp as ever, but you'll notice it's all white...primed and now ready to paint in ernest.

    Blame me for everything Juli...you always did! OOOOH! Did I really say that?
    I bet you are fed up with the word "Painting" after the past few days preparing your place for the photographers.
    Speak to you later my little clone.
    ps, how did you manage to get Chris to do DIY?

    Hi Blu
    I enjoyed seeing your paintings. We should both pledge to stick with it this time or we shall be missing out big time!
    I'm going to check out the artist you featured to see who he's influenced by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a busy man you are Ken and I love your positive attitude. Do come up to the theatre bar after the show this afternoon. I would like to say a proper "hello".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoy Phil's show today Ken - I'd love to meeting up with you both. Ah well, perhaps one day.

    You must have a good manager who agrees to a 3-day week, just like that.It must be a sign.

    ReplyDelete