Monday, October 12, 2009

Steven J Porter

Here we are on a bright Monday morning. It's our first day at our new desks. Kirsty in now opposite me with Christine next to me and Karen next to her.  Opposite Karen is Dave and next to Dave and diagonally opposite me to the right is Maureen/Jo. 

Everyone is calm and talking about a singer who suddenly died (Gately)?  I'm only half listening because I've got a stinker of a contract to sort out.

Everyone started looking at me as I hummed "No matter what you're thinking"...or something like that.   It must have been subliminal! Uncanny!

I'm just reading a few headlines during my break.  Gordon Brown is driving me nuts! If he stays in power I'll be very disappointed.

GOOD NEWS!  They accepted my request so from the first Monday in November I will be officially working just three days a week here.  I'll be painting  for the balance of the week. Now that's more like it! I've got my appetite and enthusiasm back!

MORE GOOD NEWS! After work I managed to get that stubborn bush-roots and all- out of the ground where the rest of my wall will be.  I spent one and a half hours digging around it and Bev dragged it out with rope tied to the tow-bar.  We've also had 180 bricks (yes, those rare bricks I'm having difficulty finding) delivered.  Someone local found them stacked at the bottom of his garden and advertised to sell. I can't believe my luck.

THE BEST NEWS BY FAR...was when I came in and checked my blog.  A comment was left on my June  24th post by Steven J Porter.

Steven's great grandfather was George Foster Mills, son of the 4yr old daughter (Margaret) of my great great aunt Hannah Middleton who was rescued on the plains in 1856.  Well how about that!  That is just unbelievable!  He's a living relative who I never knew existed until just half an hour ago.

What's even more incredible is that he and his wife enjoy reading my blog!

Don't you dare lose touch now Steven and thank you so much for making contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment