Sunday, October 11, 2009

MIL's Birthday.

Happy Birthday MIL (78 today!)

Emotional at first but just like one of those energy saving lightbulbs she eventually ended up very bright.

We all sang Happy Birthday to her from two feet and two hundred miles along fibre optics. Candles were blown out, indicating to us that she still has fairly strong lungs and is likely to be around another year at least!  Okay, I repent...make that ten!  Split the difference?!  I'm only kidding!  No, really!

Everyone has gone now...even MIL has retreated and is watching  the X Factor final.  Who would watch such rubbish on a Sunday of all days?  Millions it seems. Thankfully MIL is one of them.  There I go again!  I don't mean it really! I just can't resist it sometimes 'is all!  We get on really well as it happens.

I 've enjoyed church, being with family, walking, talking, eating and relaxing.

Now I'm going to sit with Bev and see the day out.

1 comment:

  1. You had me cracking up with that "split the difference" comment! Poor mothers-in-law get all the grief. :)

    ReplyDelete