Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bricks, beach-balls and bushed...

I guess the intention of a bogus virus warning was to get me to download the bogus antidote. Had I done so, my computer would really have been infected.

There was a chill in the air but no sign of rain so it was all systems go for my wall. All the red bricks have been laid now...just the rosemary tiles and blue bricks to do.  It took me all day and I'm totally bushed.  Around 4:40 I was flagging and decided to see how many goals Liverpool beat Sunderland by.  They didn't score...but we did! It was the most unusual goal ever scored apparently. The ball deflected off a red beach-ball thrown onto the pitch by a supporter, and ended up in the net.  A goal is a goal as far as I'm concerned. By all accounts we were the best team on the pitch anyway. All of a sudden I had all the energy I needed to finish the job.  I know it's silly, but I always have a more positive outlook when Sunderland win...especially against one of the big four.

Can't get through to my sister.

I think I may just about manage to crawl upstairs to bed now.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the beach ball incident on the news! That was fun, I thought it was headed there anyway and hardly the fault of either team.

    I saw your link from French Fancy's blog. I hope you achieve your dream of love and art in France with the family, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clarity
    Thanks for dropping by.
    The goalkeeper hadn't a clue which way to go even though the path of the ball hardly changed. So funny, and I'm so glad it happened to them and not us.

    ReplyDelete