Thursday, October 29, 2009

A new man...

Something has snapped! I've woken up a different man. I'm hungry, determined, mean and moody.  I'm ready and willing...I'm chomping at the bit. I feel inspired.  I have a vision, a plan and a purpose.  I'm empowered.  I've amassed my resources and defined my battle lines. I'm unstoppable, invincible and victorious...or will be!

What am I jabbering on about?

Can't tell!  It's a secret. I said NO! (I don't want anyone to laugh at me). NO! NO! and a thousand times NOOOO!

Okay then...if you must know, I'm getting serious about learning F....(I hope you aren't sniggering!)  Right, that's it!  I'm not playing!

Today's news...Amber's parents are now in the UK ready for the blessing of baby Edith on Sunday and I'm currently discussing the topic of tattoos on women with the girls on the team. I've just enjoyed a prawn pasta with peppers and tomatoes and am enjoying the working day.  Dave has just bought a plant for his wife and is making me feel guilty but I won't give in.  Mmmm!  I think I'll nip down and buy her some flowers as a preemptive 'get on the right side of her' gesture. 

We've all just sang Happy Birthday to Christine and Karen and watched them open their presents.  One of Christine's presents was chocolate shower gel. 'Scuse me! Why would anyone want to jump into the shower and then be covered in chocolate? I've left her reading the instructions because wer'e a similar age and she is as confused as I am. Kirsty is laughing.

Soon I'll be home.

There you go, home already.

I'm off to meetings while Bev and her mum are being entertained by Des O'Connor at the Palace Theatre Newark.  I guess I'm just fortunate.

3 comments:

  1. Des O'Connor ? ! ? Thought he fell off his perch years ago.
    I like Newark Palace Theatre - been there several times.
    Bon courage with the french lessons !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did Jean...which is why I wasn't there to see him. Yes, an old but very nice little theatre.
    We've just booked tickets to see Ralph McTell...another golden oldie but he was one of my favourites back in the seventies.

    My concentration on French starts Monday...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm..chocolate shower gel. I just don't think I would feel clean bathing in something brown.

    My thoughts are with you on little Edith's blessing. I know what a special time that is. Have fun with your extended family!

    ReplyDelete