Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rain doesn't stop play and dark clouds will eventually clear...

Someone please shoot the weatherman.  Drizzle + bricklaying  in a ditch = not much fun, but I have no other option other than to stop complaining and get on with it.  It's only a small wall but there's over two hundred bricks just to get  to ground level.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be brighter and drier.

Bev really loves me!  I walked to her workplace in my scruffs to pick the car up (needed more sand) just as everyone was clocking out for lunch.  When Bev saw me she beamed instead of being embarrassed at how scruffy I looked.  If I'd had a bowl I'm sure they would have thrown a few coins in.

Susan has visited Carol so I should have some news very soon.  Meetings tonight and Bev has her French class. I would rather stay at home.

Back home again and Susan's phone is still dead.  When I eventually twigged that she must have changed her number, I phoned Tom... then Susan.  Carol has improved but is unable to communicate.  We'll know more after the doctor's rounds tomorrow, but the really good news is that she is not in danger now.

The dark clouds are beginning to clear.

Who can remember the song by Johnny Nash...I can see clearly now the rain has gone...Nov 1972?

Tomorrow I'll catch up with emails after a day bricklaying in the sun.

2 comments:

  1. I love it that Bev beamed when she saw you! A woman is always happy when she unexpectedly gets to see her man.

    I remember Johnny Nash! It's gonnna be a bright, bright, bright, sunshiney day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Randi
    Yes,she loves me, but I don't always get beamed at. She has quite an array of looks in her arsenal.

    Johnny Nash...you must have borrowed your parents vinyl collection. Oh, yes, I remember your age now!

    ReplyDelete