Friday, October 23, 2009

To cap it all...

Last night Bev beat me at scrabble...she cheated!  Well, I think she cheated!  Okay, maybe she didn't.

No birds on the cross-bar today so I was on time for work.

Dentist at 12:55 so they can put right what they did wrong a few weeks ago.  The crown they put in place on our anniversary week-end lasted just over an hour before I almost choked to death on it. Bev was driving at the time as we approached the M62 and we almost missed the slip road. 

I don't want to sound negative here but since the very first day...no, I'll restrain myself.  Everyone can have a bad day I suppose, even if that day stretches to weeks...then months.  We'll see what they have to say today.  I'm going with an open mind and a forgiving heart and hope I don't return a broken and toothless old man hell-bent on revenge.

It's now 1:45 and I'm back.  How do you think I fared?

I arrived breathless after a bit of a dash and was pleasantly surprised to be called almost immediately.  The surgeon was very pleasant and apologetic and assured me that the treatment today will be free of charge. 

I was comfortable and relaxed  as I reclined on the chair and pleased to hear her give instructions for the best and strongest adhesive.

With the work completed and the chair raised, I put one foot on the floor and turned to get up.  Then the crown came off!  Yes, it came off in less than a minute. She then plonked me back in the chair and tried again. 

While I gripped my teeth to give the adhesive time to set, she quipped "If it comes off again, you can buy some adhesive from Boots and do it yourself".  My teeth were already clenched so I couldn't say much, but all thoughts of forgiveness had gone...that just left the rising urge for revenge.

I'm sick to the back teeth of dentists.

To finish on a positive...it hasn't come off yet!

2 comments:

  1. We were both at the dentist yesterday too - me with a wobbly tooth and Mr FF for a clean up. I hope you get to keep your crown for a while now - I'm getting to keep my wobbly tooth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi FF
    I just can't get used to the crown. It seems too big and alien. My tongue is forever gliding over it as if to say "Hey, what are you doing here"?

    How does dental care in France compare with England?

    ReplyDelete