Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm sticking with it.


The sun is shining at 7:30am and there is a nice feeling about the day...or is it just me in a good mood?

As I walked into work I passed Kenny Holligworth sitting at his desk and he was checking dates in his 2010 journal...the very same type that I wrote in for all those years up to April this year.  It got me a thinkin' about if I feel it's better the way I do it now.

My whole life is defined by what I think, plan and do.  I can't always record all that I really  think because my journal is available real-time now as opposed to being read long after I'm dead and gone and safely tucked away in  my lead-lined coffin with a to-do list resting gently on my chest.  I want a peaceful life and don't want to make enemies of my readers.

So that leaves just some of my thoughts; some of my plans and some of the things I do.

I still think it's better than a dusty old forgotten journal in the attic written by some old fogie dead dude and chanced upon by a future owner  just prior to burning it.

Then again, would you prefer to have the brutal truth? Can you hack it?  Are you ready for up-front and in your face confrontation? Well, good...because I'm not going to change the habit of a lifetime.  I'll say what I think as usual and continue to create barriers...and enemies.

Just listen to me! I run a mile from contention!  Anything for a quiet life!

I do want my journal to be interesting and readable though and not crammed with facts and everything that happened to me during the day.  You can expect facts yes, but also how I feel and what I think of the world around me.

I'm very happy with my on-line journal.  It's way better than scribbling it down.  I'm definitely sticking with it.

So what am I going to DO with my on-line journal?

I thought I'd like to print it off every year in the form of a book... which eventually will end up in the attic to be found by a future owner and burned..but at least it will have already been read and commented on.

2 comments:

  1. So where are the pictures of this new sofa and computer Dad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juli, you will be here tomorrow to see for yourself. You ARE still coming aren't you?

    ReplyDelete