Friday, May 08, 2009

Flip-Flops and shades

I woke up early (5:30) feeling nostalgic in the extreme. My dreams were dominated by my early school days at Gatton. It must have been the mention yesterday of the Founders Day this Sunday and the realisation that I can't make it. I think I'll share a few thoughts and photo's about the place tomorrow.

Thank goodness my dreams weren't dominated by the chainsaw which was also mentioned yesterday.

I wasn't going to do it, but it's such a sunny, bright and breezy day and I'm feeling so optimistic and happy that I've decided to go for it.

I'm going to work at my desk today in shorts, flip-flops and shades. I've just got to get into holiday mode (just two weeks away). I can't go yet of course but there's nothing to stop me from bringing it with me to enjoy the here and now.

It means I'll have to walk to work looking like a right Charlie but 'hey, what the heck!

If you think it's cool to walk to work for 15 minutes in flip-flops...it isn't! My legs are killing me. I've used muscles that shoes don't ask to use. I walked through grass laden with dew and thankful it had been cut as it's often frequented by dogs taking their owners for their daily exercise. But now that I'm here at work it's nice to sit down.

Already the clouds are gathering with the prospect of my walking home in like manner but with the addition of rain. Why do I get carried away so? Why can't I just dream without action? Oh well, best make the most of it! Now they've turned the air conditioning on. It's freezing!

Eileen has sent me a brilliant photo of them coming down from Dove Cragg (2598 feet) yesterday. It's a view to die for but I bet they didn't climb it in flip-flops.

Today isn't so bad. There's a good atmosphere at work.

It's now 10:40pm and I'm back home after a welfare meeting in Nottingham (considering those who stand in need of social, emotional and spiritual help). Ashley and Amber gave me a lift there as Bev was still out doing the weekly shop with her Mum.

I DID have to walk home from work in the blustery cold and rainy weather (albeit for a short time only) which was totally at odds with my beach wear. I tried not to notice the looks I deserved as I slowly forged my way home.

Made the mistake of watching the news before retiring. It was all about our greedy, dishonest and immoral politicians. We have just about had enough of them and really need to weed them out and replace them with men and women of honesty and integrity. Too angry and tired to put into words how I feel just now.

Tomorrow's another day. Bon Nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment