Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Come on England...

Dave's chair keeps collapsing and the girls are in hysterics!  What is so funny about that? Once they start giggling there's no stopping them.  Out come the tissues as tears are dabbed and soaked up.  It's contagious!  Where's my tissue?
Why is laughter so contagious?  I'm giggling now and I didn't even find the collapsing chair funny!

That's it!  A numbingly bland day at my workplace behind me.  I felt more revived and revitalised as I walked with increasing speed towards home. I have a few days off to build the second bit of my wall.  The weather is promising and I'm raring to go.  I've a couple of hours before the light fades.

There you go!  Just one sentence later but so much accomplished.  Everything is in ready for an early start tomorrow. 

England are soon to kick off in their final qualifier and I'll be joining that mad hooligan of a football fan my MIL to watch it.  If she behaves herself I'll get the half-time refreshments. If she doesn't, she'll get a touch-line ban and I might even send her off!

Still lots to do after the game...like emailing Steven and Jan Porter who made contact with me yesterday.

Goodish game and well done Beckham but my mind was on other things.  My sister Susan rang to say Carol- the youngest in our family-  has had a stroke and is in hospital.  

A bolt out of the blue...as they always are!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Carol - I hope she recovers quickly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks FF. I hope so too. At the moment she's frustrated at not being able to communicate, but frustration is good when you consider the options. We'll know more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete