Thursday, July 16, 2009

What relaxes me most

It's another one of those meme questions to kick-start the day. Let's make one thing clear...I do need kick-starting today.

I watched The Patriot while my photos were transferring. I was so tired and it was so late. I didn't even see the end, and had to leave the computer on all night to do it's thing. If Bev finds out I'll be in for it!

I personally think The Patriot is as good as Braveheart...great film.

It's nice to have RB back in circulation today so I'll quote him...

"I sit in my garden, gazing upon a beauty that cannot gaze upon itself. And I find sufficient purpose for my day."

Yep, I think wandering, sitting, chatting, working, listening, singing, eating, laughing and reading in the garden ticks all the boxes for me. It's what relaxes me most.

Question: What was I doing ten years ago? Answer: I was in the garden. It's all there in the garden, isn't it? Birth, life, beauty, growth, decay and death. It's an entire life- span 'potted' in a single year, every year.

Time for work. No, it doesn't relax me in the slightest at the moment.

Well, would you believe it. All systems are down and we can't access our computers...until now (11:00 am).

I've taken advantage of the time by planning what jobs I'd like to complete in France. I also allowed my mind to wander over there for a while.

Systems went down again and I used the time to write a letter.

The end of my working day came quickly thank goodness.

Bev has had to turn back from her French lesson as the traffic is congested...probably an accident. She's now joined Ash, Amber and myself to go and see the house at Blidworth they'll be living in for the next 18 months. We've just got back.

We're tired and listless. I blame The Patriot last night. What'll relax me most right now is no more than ten seconds away.

No comments:

Post a Comment