Saturday, July 04, 2009

Pot luck

Okay, it's a lovely day and I've spent too much time looking at blog templates. The one I like best doesn't seem to function very well so I'll give up for now and perhaps try later.

I'm getting everything together for David to take to France then I'm off to Bridgford to work on Wanda's path. What happens after that is anyone's guess. I didn't want to have too many things planned.

It's Saturday!! Yippee!!

Dropped in on a bit of a party...recreating a village fete... so we played some games and chilled for a few hours. Actually, chilled isn't the word as we sizzled in the sun.
I took a shine to 'Splat the Rat' and 'Limbo Dancing'. It was all good clean fun and the rat didn't feel a thing! The ice cream was delicious (thanks Naomi and Maggie). It was good to see the family there too.

While we were there Serene called to say she passed her exams. Not quite sure if that makes her a lawyer or solicitor, but I'm really very pleased for her...five years is a long time studying and she was worried that she got a few case studies mixed up in trying to answer one of the questions.

Called by to see Wanda and cut the slabs. She was up to her neck in gardening and welcomed a sit on the garden swing for a chat with Bev. Afterwards, we dropped back at David's with the grinder and the other things heading for France. He's all ready and raring to go!

Our last stop on our way home was to David and Wendy to see the progress on their extension. It looks fantastic and it's not even finished. Wendy has commisioned me to paint two 6' panels so we loaded them into the car and made our way home after a tour and drinks.

I'm absolutely burnt to a frazzle and very tired. The heat has sapped all my energy.

Pics to upload but not tonight. I'm too tired to even think. Want my bed...now!

No comments:

Post a Comment