Thursday, July 02, 2009

Just thoughts

That large grinder is a brute! The kick on it always surprises me. I've just got the slabs to cut for Wanda on Saturday and it can go with David to France...forever! I'm pleased that I ticked off a few more jobs last night. It was worth the effort.

The last person I spoke with last night other than Bev was Juli who is still hankering over one of my paintings shown on a recent post. The best things come to those who wait Juli, and you'll be waiting a while yet. Those paintings are hanging on someone's wall somewhere in the world.

I wish I could track them like Robert can track his quotes.

I woke to a bright blue sky and lay there listening to the sounds outside. There are birds chirping, cars passing and the sound of a train.

I remember as a youngster laying and listening to the sounds of ships being built and the clink of bottles of milk being delivered. I'll never hear those again.

As a teenager I remember laying and listening to the cries of foxes and the faint sound of a train in the far distance while at schoool in Gatton.

I've woken up to the sound of babies screaming, dogs barking, chickens clucking, mice scratching, workmen drilling, birds singing, postmen knocking, letters dropping, cats screeching, music playing, people laughing, crying, shouting, giggling and sighing... and a few times to the sound of cars crashing.

What a blessing it is to hear.

As I thought about these things, I concluded that everyone who is up is going somewhere...work, doctor, hospital, toilet, kitchen, visiting, walking, shooting, garden, solicitors, prison, to find, to prepare, to look after, to finish. For me, it was to sit here and type my thoughts before they are lost in the hubbub of life. Karen reckons there's no such word as hubbub!

What a blessing it is to be going somewhere and doing something.

It's been such a busy daythat I was unable to finish this posting. I guess that's how it is sometimes.

A good day all in all.

Tired and more than ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment