Tuesday, July 07, 2009

It's curtains!

It's not that I'm in the dog house after yesterday, but I suspect it's 'curtains' for me.

In fact, I'm certain!

What a difference it makes when you block the light out of the bedroom. Blinds on their own just don't cut it. I'm converted. I had a great night's sleep.

It's also curtains for Roxanne's friend by the sounds of it. It's amazing how life styles change from individual to individual. Some lives are filled with such violence on a regular basis. It's almost unbelievable...it's only a football game!

Actually, she is also talking about her brother who ended up with a shattered cheekbone during a fight.

Thank goodness I'm a wimp and don't feel the need to prove myself physically.

As a youngster I grew up amongst gang warfare. It was terrible but we just got used to it. It was the way it was. It was normal.

I'll always remember one man being set on by a group with 'knuckle dusters'. It wasn't a pretty sight and I felt so sorry for him. Because I was young, I knew I was safe...such things only ever happened to adults or 'big boys'. It never ocurred to me that one day I'll be a 'big boy'.

Fortunately, I've only ever been beaten up once. Back in the good old days they knew when to stop...otherwise it would have been 'curtains' for me.

Today is different. Even defenceless innocent and gentle old men and women are being targeted.

If I'm good, perhaps Bev will have pity on me today!

I wonder what ouch! is in French?

After work I was drenched walking home, so I decided to drive back to pick Bev up (she works till 4:30 now). My star is rising...especially when it started throwing it down again.

I notice that the curtain finally closed for Michael Jackson today. In forty minutes the whole thing will be televised.

I was saddened to hear of the death of Karl Malden on July 1st. He was 97 years old and I still imagine him in his fifties.

I was even more surprised to find out that Patrick McGoohan had died in January. Where on earth have I been? Even prisoners get the latest news, so how come this one missed me?
I checked it out online and sure enough, he's definitely gone.

I had a look at the Times Obituaries Online to get up to date. There are a few good books there...take note family as it'll soon be Christmas and I have sufficient aftershave.

The three I like the look of are...Obituaries in Depth, Great Victorian Lives and Great Lives (20th Century).

As I'm a reasonable man, I'll post suggestions over the coming months.

You'll have to pass them on Juli as you are the only family member to read my blog.

If they are more than the £10 I like you to spend on me, you can possibly club together.

If I get another pair of socks, it'll be curtains for you! Not you Juli, but anyone with socks in mind. So yes, it could be you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment