Monday, July 06, 2009

les fusibles ont grillé

The fuses have blown.

Bev and I are not in the best of moods so let's hope we don't blow any fuses. Work is particularly stressful for me at the moment and Bev has been told her hours at work have to increase.

I woke to see the trailer in our drive. Mike was going to drop it off tonight. Never mind, it's best to have it early. Hopefully I'll have picked up the tiles in time for him to take it back with him.

I managed to pick the 108 pantiles up and also another 50 old bricks to match the ones I've got already. David Cuthbert directed me to the skip just around the corner from him. They had renovated the house and had no need ot them so there I was, happy to take them off their hands.

On the way back I witnessed another perfect double rainbow. It was absolutely fantastic.

No sign of Michael, but at least it's ready for him.

I was going to surprise David and turn up in France next week, but the price of the flight suddenly shot up. I've still booked a week off and will build the front wall instead. That'll be another job finished...or well on the way!

Just wished Juli a happy birthday. She's so tired after her trip to ikea that she's going to to bed early without doing anything special. I never thought I'd see the day.

I've advised she do something simple that she's never done before. It's people of my age that need the early nights.

Off to bed now (only joking). Going to help Bev do some work in the front bedroom...curtain rail or something!

4 comments:

  1. Would you believe it? The minute David sails away from Portsmouth, the fuse blows in my Dyson - at least I hope that's the trouble. I don't know how to open these weird plugs though..... cracked it - up and running again. I feel very proud of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, the fuse blowing that is, not you fixing it.

    Well done Eileen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your advice to Juli (is that your daughter?) to do something simple that she's never done before. I think I'm going to steal that birthday idea for my own family. Do you mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not at all Randi and yes, she is my daughter...my only daughter.

    I don't expect her to break the mould however, and take the advice. She's always been fiercely independant...from the minute her right eye peeked at me 30 seconds after birth.

    ReplyDelete