Thursday, July 09, 2009

Coincidence, dreams, mice and things

Can nothing really be nothing? This is the question I was struggling with as I tried to get out of bed this morning. It was really confusing me.

I also dreamt in colour (not usual for me). The dreams were of large brightly coloured canvases loosely painted in a distinctive style. I wonder if there is a subliminal message there? Is this the direction I am to go perhaps? Dreams are funny aren't they?

My earliest dream (nightmare) was of me trying to avoid being hung on a hook like everyone else in a huge van type space. Everyone was scrubbed up clean and had their hair neatly parted and combed to the side. They were just hanging there silent and dead.
Let's hope it never becomes reality. If I can avoid the temptation of a toupee, it's not likely to now.
For the record, a toupee will never be an option!

Coincidentally, Karen and Kirsty both pulled a mouse from their bags by their long tails this morning. Not a single scream... and they didn't even jump up onto the desk for protection. They then plugged them into the back of their PC's. Yes, we've moved back upstairs, and what a pleasure it is to be back.

We are way behind with work now but I won't allow myself to be stressed.

It's no coincidence that the only time I feel calm and relaxed is when I'm calm and relaxed (don't laugh)...so I will make SURE I'm calm and relaxed now, even though I'm a little under pressure. I'll MAKE it happen. Positive thinking is what I'm about today. I think I'll experiment with it and see how I get on. If I'm calm and relaxed come bed time I'll be very happy.

I'm home now and feel okay really. I just said to myself, let it go, it isn't life threatening! There were no funny looks because they are used to me talking to myself.

I'm making a list of the paints I need for these panels Wendy wants me to paint. She'd like dandelion clocks, clover, cow parsley and grasses.

Checked out RB who is supposed to be having a break. Great quotes...don't know how he comes up with them.

I'm just going to finish the evening doing, thinking, writing and saying things.

I'm relaxed. I'm happy!

2 comments:

  1. Ken,

    I beg to differ. I think you would look great in a toupee -- and it's absolutely necessary if you're to pass as a Frenchman. I picture a thick rug of dark brown, with a part on the side and long sideburns. There, at last, would be the Ken Devine God intended.

    And now, having pictured you as a Frenchman, I'm reminded of an old thought of mine: "The French deem themselves superior to the English, based principally on their ability to speak superior French."

    smiles,
    rb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert
    Nice one!

    I was thinking just a few days ago about what God intended for me. I felt perhaps I was wasting time doing some things at the expense of more important things, and whether time was running out.

    So your quotes today were quite appropriate...

    "First God created time; then God created man that man might, in the course of time, perfect himself; then God decided that He'd better create eternity."

    and this one...

    " Life is not about discovering our talents; it is about pushing our talents to the limit and discovering our genius."

    I'm no genius, but I do need to push more.

    Great quotes.

    That was a very short 6 weeks break!

    ReplyDelete