Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Well what do you know...

Dave pluttered and croaked "Good Morning" as I entered work and I remarked that he should really be at home. In less than 30 seconds of conversation I found out the following from him...

Norman had been sacked for being a 'Loan shark' during working hours. Ed had been sacked for suggesting to an ME sufferer that it's all in the mind, and that if you are off sick you don't lose any wage.

Well, what do you think about that? I liked Norman and I liked Ed. I was just thinking the other day that I haven't seen them recently. I also wondered why so many people here can afford to be off sick so often.

I learned also (from Foreign Quango...72 hour pack post) that Randi's handbag weighs 6lb and can possibly be mistaken for a 72 hour pack. I reckon Bev can beat that! My MIL must be carrying way beyond any 72 hours...more like 72 days!

I must add my external hard drive to the things I need to grab in an emergency...I would hate to start all over.

I'm supposed to be on holiday this week but decided I might need the time in an emergency later in the year, so I'm just taking tomorrow and Friday instead.

I'm back home again after a frustrating target filled day. The next four days should just about be enough to relax me sufficient to view things differently, and possibly even brightly come Monday morning.

Well, what do you know? I started the day by talking with Dave, I spoke to a different Dave after work as I stood by my soon-to-be wall, and I've just spoken with Dave Cuthbert on the phone. He's at Folkestone and wanted to make sure I knew where the key was to let myself in when I deliver the painted panels.

I'm now about to send an email to yet another Dave. That's four in one day.

To top it all, guess who was born this day in 1947? No, it was Don Henley of Eagles fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment