Friday, July 03, 2009

Friday is special

We invited David and Eileen over for a meal last night.

Venison steaks were on the menu which incidentally weren't dear (deer!) Oh deer (dear!) thanks to the cull on the Estate of Belton House earlier in the year and the generosity of someone we know who works there.

We were all tired as its been a heavy week, but we still enjoyed the evening and it was nice to have them around. David is off to France at the weekend so we also firmed up some plans on what we'd like to achieve before the end of the year.

We washed all the pots so as not to wake up to them. I was surprised at how quickly it was all back to normal. I still had time to read a few pages of my book which is taking my interest at last.

The thunder storms didn't arrive through the night as expected so Bev was out this morning with the hose on. She also moved the furniture around in the living room (don't ask!)

Today is Semi-Final day at Wimbledon and I'm stuck here at work. I feel like I'm missing out. It isn't fair! They are showing it on the big screen...upstairs! I was moved downstairs last week. I'm also out this evening so I won't even catch the highlights. I'm left with the impression that I'm not supposed to have any treats today. All work and no play. Everyone else can enjoy themselves, but not me. Yes, I'm sulking!

At least I can take comfort in the fact that it's Friday. It's always nice to have the weekend ahead of you.

Came across this and loved it...

Dear Mr. Darling, Please find below my suggestion for fixing Britain 's economy.
Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan. You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 20 million people over the age of 50 in the work place. - Pay them £1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.
2) They MUST buy a new British CAR. Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.
3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.
4) They must send their kids to school / college /university - Crime rate fixed

It can't get any easier than that! P.S.. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances.

NOW THAT'S BETTER... someone that I don't particularly get on with has put the tennis on the pc just behind me so I can keep in touch with developments. Now why didn't I think of that? He's not a bad chap really!

Work eventually came to an end and I arrived home in time to see the best of the tennis. I had to abandon plans to go out. What else could I do?

It was a thriller. Well done Murray for giving your all. Well done Roddick for winning. I had a sneaking feeling last week that his serve would see him through...and it did! He's a great player and I really like him as a person. He deserved his victory.

He gets my support to lift the trophy.

All is not lost. I understand there will still be British representation on centre court during the final...the net!

No comments:

Post a Comment