Sunday, January 03, 2010

Goals Night

We had a great night and Briony achieved most of her goals to score 80% and win the trophy for 2009.
My French goal let me down and I only finished half of my finishing-off jobs goal, so I trailed with a 60% success rate.
Meeting up and having a good time laughing at each other's failures (in a kindly sort of way) was and always will be the enjoyable part of the evening. It was such good fun.
I've set some fairly simple goals this year.  We each set five goals and mine are...

  1. Submit two paintings to the Royal Academy Summer Open Exhibition selection committee.
  2. Board out the loft here in England.
  3. Build a storage area in France (approx. 25'x12').
  4. Set up a gallery round and weekly art blog in the UK.
  5. Personalise our English and French homes with paintings, ornament, books, photos etc! 

These are simply things we'd like to achieve rather than resolutions, so we don't beat ourselves up if we don't achieve them although I'll be disappointed if I don't achieve these if I'm honest.

I wonder how our children and their friends got on with their goals night?
It's going to be a great year... I feel it in my tired old bones!

2 comments:

  1. I've still not set any proper resolutions. I'd like to lose three stone but I said that last year as well :). Maybe now that I'm only cooking and shopping for one most of the time it will be easier to find the willpower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi FF
    I don't think it will be easier but go for it anyway! Weigh yourself NOW! Make it happen!Start as you mean to go on! Get to grips with it! No more excuses!You can do this!

    ReplyDelete