Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Sitting comfortably?

My chair went AWOL last week.  The carpets had been cleaned overnight and they just pushed all the chairs into one area. I ended up with a really old and uncomfortable one that doesn't wheel very well and stands at an angle. 

They should know me better than one who would take this lying down so to speak.  I searched the entire floor for mine which has a thread pulled specifically for identification purposes.  If I caught sight of the thread, I would then oust the occupant and turn it upside down (the chair) to reveal my name in tippex.

I had no luck whatsoever so the only available option was to nick someone elses while they were at lunch...they are all company chairs are they not?  I know I'm a Christian but when it comes to my chair the lines could be blurred! 

Imagine my surprise when I caught sight of my chair yesterday...located right behind me!

I became full Christian again by returning the one I borrowed and placed the wobbly one at the desk of the culprit who was due to start work later.

I'm continually finding out things about myself and my supposed honesty.  Incidentally, it's a little known fact that our beloved Queen Elizabeth carries with her on EVERY engagement her own toilet seat. M'am enjoys her comfort too and is even more fussy than me it seems. I can't recall ever seeing it hanging round her neck but next time you see her be sure to look closely.

I saw a cool toilet seat some time ago that had the image of barbed wire on it.  Another was in a bathroom the floor of which was an image of no floor at all and some twenty stories high. It really did look like you would step to certain death.  The best by far was a public toilet in France which was totally private if viewed from outside, but from inside you can sit and watch everyone walking by and perceive them as looking straight at you.

How did I get onto this?

It was so cold yesterday (and today) that my face was numb as I walked across the field.  To think that just a few weeks ago I was walking with short sleeves and no coat at all. I wouldn't go out without coat and scarf now.

I swapped my work seat tonight with a car seat as I drove to pick up the last of the blue bricks from Tom over at Harston.  I found him sitting comfortably on the settee in front of a roaring fire with a cat stretched luxuriously across him.  I enjoyed chatting for half an hour or so before loading the bricks then listened to Ralph McTell on the way home.  And here I am again...sitting down.

We spend an awful lot of time sitting down don't we...especially on cold and dreary winter evenings like this?

2 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard at the image of you on the hunt for your chair with the pulled thread! It reminded me of when I used to work in a cubicle maze and people would steal chairs. It made me so mad! They would also swap monitors if you had one that was bigger than theirs. What is tippex?

    Thanks for the toilet seat education! It was quite informative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Randi
    You weren't alone. The rest of the team were laughing at me too.
    Tippex is a white correction fluid used to brush over written mistakes and writing over it once dry.
    I only ever use it on chairs!

    ReplyDelete