Sunday, November 01, 2009

Blessing

The day started with typically English cold swirling wintry blustery winds and lashing rain, but what a great day it's been!

Edith was blessed by her dad and afterwards the entire family gathered for a thanksgiving meal in a  Blidworth which was sunny for a very brief spell as we sat down to eat..

Thanksgiving is a calendar must as far as I'm concerned as we have a lot to be thankful for.  We should adopt it from the Americans.  Amber's American parents certainly appreciated the gesture. We ate, chatted, reminisced and laughed for the entire afternoon and most of the evening.

Martin was chief camera-clicker today and hopefully he'll send a few through in time for me to post.

We are back home now feeling as snug as a bug in a rug and warmed by the thoughts of the day.  It doesn't get much better than this.

Oh, yes it does!  Jon and Serene have just phoned to confirm our eighth grandchild due in May.

6 comments:

  1. COngratulations, Grandpa and Grandma, on both accounts---the baby blessing and the new grandchild!

    And what's a Blidworth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Randi
    Ha!Ha! Blidworth is the town Ash and Amber live in. It's the way I write...to deliberately confuse people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Eight grandchildren - that's amazing. And you don't look a day over 70!!! :)

    Glad the blessing went well. We miss Ash and Amber so much - it was great to see them the other week.

    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo, Thanks...and I'm NOT one day over 70!
    I wish I could say the same about Ash (just kidding!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could say the same about missing Ash the way you do that is! I see far too much of him. Like I said...only kidding. He's good to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ken, sorry to hear your news of losing your private docs. I hope that all sorts itself out.

    On a completely different subject I have been quite suddenly cast in Festen ( only a week before the show!) at the Lace Market Theatre. It is a very dramatic show, again about a gathering over a meal but the topic is much more severe than Abigail's Party ie: revelations child abuse within a Danish family. I am playing a chef who works for the family. It is a challenging piece of theatre but the drama may theatrically appeal to you and your wife. It would certainly put losing personal docs into perspective! A lot of swearing and sexual reference in the text and performances but nothing gratuitous. Phil xxx

    ReplyDelete