Monday, November 02, 2009

The problem this Monday morning...

I woke up with a start as Bev opened the blinds and shrieked at the sight of her leeks being crushed.  On Saturday she asked me to make sure the fence panel I used to shield the leeks from the fire was removed so that it couldn't fall on the leeks.  I didn't remove it, but pushed it forward to a safe angle. Isn't it funny how you suddenly regret things you do...or don't do.

No amount of flowers will put this right.  I just hope 7 or 8 hours might soften the look I'm expecting when I get home after work.

The second problem...yes, there are more; was when I tried to load a photo onto my blog.  I hadn't done it before from the mac and I've obviously done something wrong.  Everything has frozen. I can export to flickr or facebook  but not my blog. Trying to resolve it  made me late for getting to work, so I ran most of the way and was at my desk with chain and ball rattling with about two seconds to spare.

The third problem was that I reached for my bag to get my diary around lunch-time and it wasn't there...the diary that is.  I knew I'd put it in the back-pack and concluded that  it had bounced out while running to work.  I retraced my steps and also checked the house but without luck.

The slimline leather filofax that I've had for over 25 years containing a current diary with lots of important dates, telephone numbers, valuable information, notes, plans, my entire working life history and passwords has bounced out of my life forever.  I don't think security has been compromised  but I'm gutted all the same!

I opened the fridge at work to see that someone had not screwed the milk top on properly and it had all trickled down onto my lunch-box which was directly underneath.

The filter on the chilled water tap isn't working, I've punched the wrong codes in the drink machine and it's giving me coffee and I'm having nothing but problem emails to sort out.

A pretty grotty day so far.

Reality check...the fiance of Karen's hairdresser has been in Afghanistan for a few weeks now and there has been an unconfirmed report that he has just had both legs blown off!

There are countless people who have problems and I'm annoyed that I thought I might be one of them just because of today.

Here's a few pics taken today of the wall.  I've only got the pillar tops, gate and wrought iron to do.  I'll have to include the drive on my to-do list I see.  It's a shame all the ivy has gone.  It was a lovely colour.



When Martin remembers to send some pictures of yesterday, I'll post a couple.

We are now trying to decide between playing a game (not scrabble) or watch a movie.

It looks like Bev has chosen between forgive and forget...either way I win and live to upset her another day.  On a positive note I may never upset her again!  Mmm!

7 comments:

  1. Poor Ken! I hope you find your diary! I would be heartsick over such a loss. I think you should just go to God and say, "Hello. Ken here. I lost my diary and don't know where it is. But YOU do. Could you please whisper it into my ear?" It always works for me. Except I omit the "Ken here" part.

    The wall looks beautiful. If you see a strange woman sitting on it, kicking her legs back and forth while reading a book, that will be me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good suggestion Randi but I already tried that...nothing yet!

    When the wrought iron goes up there will be no-one sitting there, but seeing as the phone number and details were in my diary you should be able to get through a few books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Wrought iron always sounds painful.

    I'll put in my two cents with the Big Guy in your behalf...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken, lovely to 'meet' you. Thanks for coming round our (cyber) house. I love how your home looks. Reminds me of 'home', too. I think the wrought iron will really finish the wall off nicely, but then again - I love wrought iron. So you're about to embark on a sea-change? I look forward to reading more of your escapades in the future... Oh, and thanks so much for the encouragement. We can spur each other on when the going gets tough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It actually cheered me up to read your blog today, Ken. I'm having a horrible day today - thanks for reminding me it's not really as important as it seems. Appreciate the reality check. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Randi
    It IS painful...especially with spikes.
    Thanks for the two cents...every little helps.

    Hi Helen
    I enjoyed the visit.
    Yes, I would expect you to side with wrought iron...it's a pity your workshop isn't a little closer.

    I'm very glad for anyone who can spur me on through the tough times...and I'm pleased if I'm able to reciprocate.
    I hope the silver lining comes into view soon.

    Hi Jo
    I guess we all could benefit from regular reality checks. Life! It can be such a pain at times, can't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Losing the diary is one of my great dreads.

    Compost happens.

    ReplyDelete