Friday, November 06, 2009

Feeling better...

This morning I walked across the dew-laden grass shouting what lines I could remember from the Aladdin sketch in the hope that it sticks in my brain.  It's a good job I was alone.

It's beginning to sink in (performance on the 21st of this month), but it's s-l-o-w going.

Tonight I intend to make good progress on all fronts.

For once I'm dreading the week-end and can't wait until it's all over.  This is usually how I feel when I've over-stretched myself. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.

That's it! My working day is over and Bev has picked me up and saved me from shouting my lines to all and sundry as I walk across the field in the dark.

Guess what the first thing I did when I opened the door?  I shelled some more walnuts, picked up the guitar and played while tea was heating up.  We can't manage a large meal so we had a broth and rolls.

Afterwards, we laughed till the tears came as I tortured the script with my outrageous renditions.

We are quiet now so it's a perfect time to prepare my talk for Sunday, leaving Bev to have a good read.

I feel a lot better.  A good laugh always makes me feel good and more able to cope with whatever is thrown at me.

If I make good progress by 10pm, we'll watch the episode of Flash Forward that we missed on Monday.

2 comments:

  1. What are you going to talk about on Sunday? Maybe what you speak about would also be a good blog post.

    We love Flash Forward too! There have been three LOST characters on it so far. I think that they created it so that we LOST fanatics won't go into total withdrawal symptoms when the series ends in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Randi
    I'm speaking about sacrifice as it's Remembrance Sunday.
    I've personalised the talk therefore it may not be the best thing to blog, but It's a good idea. In fact, I think I will consider including some talks I've given in the past as they will be appropriate subjects for a Sunday post.

    I forgot that Flash Forward is worldwide. It's getting very interesting and the characters are strong.

    My family were and are into Lost, but I have to say that I didn't even see one single episode. Yes, hard to believe! I think it was because I missed the very first episode. I got LOST in other things after that.

    ReplyDelete