Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Well, I'm doing it, but it's nothing to shout about.

Here we are facing a new blogging year almost four months into the real one. It's time to perhaps check on my main goals for 2010 and see if I'm on track.

These are the simple goals...the ones that I've been wanting to achieve for years but have allowed other things to muscle in. If I achieve these I'll be a happy man.
  • Prepare two paintings for the RA Sumer Exhibition selection panel.
  • Create a round of 6+ galleries for distribution of paintings.
  • Build a storage area in France.
  • Board the loft.
  • Personalise both homes with paintings, mirrors, photographs, rugs, ornaments etc!
Every year we get together with a group of friends who each decide on five goals for the year. The winner receives a trophy(of sorts). It's really just an excuse to get together and have a good laugh. And laugh we do...especially as goal after goal is shown to be unrealistic.

No.1  Achieved.
No.2  1/3rd achieved
No.3  Not started yet but the funds have been allocated as well as the time to build it.
No.4  1/3rd achieved
No.5  Have made a start with gathering stuff together.

So, all in all a reasonable effort  up to now. I've lots more things I hope to achieve but these are the ones I don't want to wait another year for.

Three of the nicest things I achieved one Anniversary was to blow bubbles in bed at midnight, waltz on a deserted beach and build a sandcastle for Bev.

The deserted beach in Ireland...
The start of the sandcastle...it was good fun.
The camera batteries were being re-charged during the bubble blowing.

I'm reminded of a quote I heard last Sunday..."It's in the doing, not in the thinking that we achieve things".

The list of things I'm not doing  keeps me humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment