Friday, April 23, 2010

Not the best of days but I'm not counting it as a day three.

My sister had her exotic holiday cancelled because of volcano dust so she had to settle for Scarborough instead (I think that's where she said she went). It was freezing cold and they have now arrived home to builders using their garden as they work on next doors house. She isn't too pleased.

She tells me that Tony Jeffries is fighting tonight (Sky Sports 9:00pm). Sarah has already left to get to Coventry in time. It'll be a tough fight...his toughest yet. I would have liked to have gone, but we are picking our car up. I also have preparation for tomorrow's class about 'Education and learning to weather the storms of life'. It's being shared with David...two x 45 minute classes.

She passed on some alarming news about the health of John, our brother.

Martin Skyped me again. It's raining in SLC and they're off to do some shooting.

Feeling mentally dull on this beautiful sunny day. I need an early night.

Enjoyed painting (see painting blog if interested).

3 comments:

  1. I hope your brother's condition improves, Ken. Is he an older or younger brother?

    Martin is still in SLC? Tell him I'm waving at him! (like he knows who I am-ha ha!)I hope he's enjoying Utah.

    I really like your painting blog by the way. I always enjoy seeing what you've been up to as an artist. Your work is very pleasing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Randi
    John is an older brother but not the eldest. I'll know more soon about his condition. I hope he improves too.

    Martin loves Utah. I haven't spoken to him today but I expect him to fly back tomorrow. If he Skype's me, I'll ask him to wave.

    Hi Julie
    Thanks. We'll know if it's serious or really serious fairly soon. The difficulty is that his wife isn't the most forthcoming person and tends to be so outspoken as to make any visits very uncomfortable. I think I'm the only family member that visits. C'est la vie.

    ReplyDelete