Yesterday was quite a day. I spent most of it with my sons who joined me for bacon butties at 8:00am. After breakfast they helped me by doing a few little jobs.
Martin removed overhanging branches into our neighbours garden (inspiration from Jeans recent post). Ashley washed our car and Jon downloaded a whole load of French audio stuff for me to put on my phone. We then hit town so they could help me choose a few ties and a new pair of specs.
Just look at how nice it was yesterday...
- Messing around with all the specs in the two opticians we terrorised.
- The temptation to dance to the accordion buskers music.
- Jon dragging us into a womens fashion shop insisting they had a mens section right at the back. The female assistants were amused.
- Sitting on the bench and chatting as we watched the flow of the market.
- Turning quickly to walk straight into a bollard.
- Two strikes at bowling (I came joint 2nd).
- Evening meal at The Goose at Gamston with Martin, Sarah and Bev.
I thought this was funny as we passed it...
When I last had my eyes tested four years ago, the lenses alone cost £300 so I thought I'd be spending at least £450 including the frames. The identical lens will cost just £149 and the frames were reduced from £172 to £72. So it was a good day all round... marred only by the result of SAFC against Arsenal...can't win 'em all!
Final thought as I closed my eyes to sleep...my sons are the best!