Thursday, August 20, 2009

Yippee!!

I can hardly believe it! Just one train, plane and automobile between me and Bel-Air Cruguel. Just one hop, skip and jump and I'll be there!

I hope those who follow this blog have a good month. Thank you for keeping track. I've enjoyed your comments very much. I'll miss you but I'll be back on-line Monday the 21st September (not too long really).

With luck, I'll be able to visit an internet cafe and check what's happening with you all.

Here is a photo or two of the wall. No, it isn't very big (it's mostly underground) and no, it isn't finished and yes, I've still got the other side to do. We're looking forward to deciding on the style of wrought iron and whether we should have metal or wooden gates. Anyway, all that's in the future. The only jobs I have in mind at the moment are French.

The beginning...

One tired, old beaten 7 year-old fence...
All cleared and ready to go...

That was quick! A fresh and sturdy 100 year-old wall... just the tops of the pillars to do...
The crinckly shaped sandwiched rosemary tiles (which you can't see very well here) form the base for the blue bricks on top...
It's going to look really good when finished. We're pleased.

Just had an emotional hug and a kiss with a tearful Bev.
Right, I'ts time to get the bathroom in France ready for her arrival. That'll be a happy time, and something else to look forward to.
I'm off!
.

9 comments:

  1. Wall looks fab Dad. Hope you have a good time, we all love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun while you're gone, Ken. We shall miss you.

    The wall looks right handsome, I say. I love beautiful landscape architecture.

    I was reading one of your earlier posts. Did you ever figure out how to get notified when someone leaves a comment on your board? If not, I'll tell you! :)

    First, you have to make sure you are logged into Blogger. Then, go to the comments section as if you are going to leave a comment on your own blog or respond to one of your readers. Since you are already logged into Blogger, it should list your own name first, something like "Ken (Google Account.)"

    Right under where it says "Ken (Google Account)" there should be a box you can check where you ask Blogger to email you whenever someone leaves a comment. It will even tell you which post they left a comment on. Cool eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't seem to leave a comment on your latest ' back from France' post. Where has the box gone?

    Glad you are back

    A toute a l'heure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a fantastic time Juli and of course you love me now you are all grown up...age 13 through 17 was a different matter! Speak to you later.

    Thanks for the tip and compliments on the wall Randi. I'm also having problems posting photos. I've got to get used to it all again I suppose.

    I've no idea where the box has gone FF. I'll have a little go at it but I'm not usually good at fixing computer type problems.
    A toute a l'heure...does it mean all hours? I'll look it up! I have to get to grips with the language starting next week (procrastination rules for now).

    ReplyDelete
  5. A toute a l'heure means 'speak to you later' .

    Great pics on the latest posts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ken,

    Welcome home! Great to have you back -- and super photos. If you ever paint from photos, you've got to paint that scene with the boat on the water and the gorgeous red blossoms in the foreground.

    smiles,
    rb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comments everyone. With luck I'll be able to figure out how to get my comments section back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll end up with hundreds of comments in your available box soon. Those photos of your work in the French house are very impressive - I don't know how you can say that it doesn't look like much. I think you deserve a medal - and to have the clock ticking knowing Bev would be coming out must have put enormous pressure on you.

    Hope you haven't got the 'missing Brittany' syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I doubt it FF.
    When Bev saw the bathroom she burst into tears which was my medal in a funny sort of way.

    I panicked when I saw how much cleaning up I had to do the day before she arrived. All's well that ends well!

    Rob, you've just reminded me that I should soon have to focus on painting.

    ReplyDelete