Thursday, August 06, 2009

Can't buy me time...

I bought a week of holiday time at work. Wouldn't it be great to actually buy time as in prolonging life...or would it?

We'd probably still have most Kings and Queens around to clutter the place up. I'm sure Tina Turner and Cliff Richard has already sussed it.

Naw!! forget it! I don't like the idea of being at the funerals of all my 'poor' family and friends. The world will be full of materialistic idiots who have passed the peak of effectiveness or popularity (has-beens) and are here just because they are wealthy.

I'll settle with what I've got and forever how long.

I'll stick with the 'bought' week which doesn't prolong my life in the least, but gives me five working days away from here...priceless!

Hang on! let's just take another look at this. This quote by Robert Brault has made me think...

"Sometimes we regret more than any words spoken, a silence not broken."

They say that silence is golden, but it isn't always the case. If I could buy real time, I'd perhaps go back to times that I currently regret...times where I should have said something instead of staying silent. Yes, I'd buy that time again for sure.

There are some specific times when, if I had them back, I would have said sorry or "I'm a fool" or "I love you". Then I think of the people who are no longer with us...my mother in particular! What I wouldn't give for just a few precious minutes with her.

There are the times when I coulda, shoulda and woulda said a quiet word of encouragement or shared an insight, but didn't. I'll never get that chance again.

So for anyone who still have friends and family around, blurt it out! Go for it! Don't live to regret not saying it.

Oh yes, the more I think about it, the more I wish I hadn't read Robert's quote today.

I've finished work now and yes, it's raining. AAAGH!! No Brolly, no coat, no car!

Thanks to good 'ol English weather, I'm running out of time to finish all my jobs before going to France.

Can't buy me time! No, definitely not!

I'm going to walk down the road to get a lift from Bev. I'll be singing in the rain.

Thanks for the lift Bev. She dropped me off at the lights and will be carrying on to book the van for the move tomorrow evening.

I walked in front of a stationary bus to cross the road and the driver called out at me.

I could have stayed silent but decided not to. "Shut up!", I shouted back. I wasn't in the mood for him and it just came out. I've been known to do this sort of thing before, with unfavourable consequences.

Sometimes I think it might be possible to regret more than words spoken, a silence broken.

In other words, I should bite my tongue and keep my trap shut more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment