Saturday, August 15, 2009

Countdown 5...compromise

What's more important than a brick wall?

Being with family...even though I feel dull and the worse for wear. I think it's because I've stopped working and started relaxing.

Last night we spent a precious hour or so with the family before they took off to spend the night with Ash & Amber. We then had a couple of hours with friends at Ray & Sue's place eating, chatting and playing games. It was hilarious!.

This morning I worked on my talk before meeting up with the family at Rufford Abbey and Country Park.
Here are some of the pics of last night and today...including those old photographs of me that were supposed to have been on Countdown 6.

Isn't she beautiful...Juli, not the car...Amber feeling the strain of pregnancy with Juli and the gang in front...Me and Danny...The Dakota fly-over...Anna-Belle and me +Aimee...War games...I'm the one with glasses, and hair...

These were taken about 1980. I wonder where Tony is now? The strange thing is that he lived in Newark and we used to sing at a pub here.

3 comments:

  1. Ther's no mistaking you Dad! I remember this picture-I was 3 when it was taken. If you want to see the house go to paulairey.co.uk, click on estate agency, property database-sales then 5+ bedrooms max 200,000 search. Dob't click on any areas it's the only one that comes up. Hope you don't think we're too crazy-the deatils don't do it justice really. Thanks for a memorable day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the family snaps and the ones from yesteryear. It's not the first time I've seen a picture of your daughter - I hopped from your blog to hers the other day and saw the pics of them in my hometown of London - she looks lovely and I hope is having an easy pregnancy.

    Anyway my bloggy friend - you are now clamped to my ever-growing sidebar so I can keep better track of you.

    One last thing - what sort of music did Witchwood used to play? I like folk-rock of the Fairport/Richard Thompson/ Bert Jansch style, although I do like most forms of music - apart from modern jazz and rap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi FF
    The blog you went to for the London visit would have been my daughter in law Amber. Juli is my daughter and her blog is thepoultonfamily.

    Amber is getting a little tired now and is looking forward to her sister and parents coming over from America.
    The music we played was mostly original but we also played a whole range of infill stuff...Richard and Linda Thompson, Kinks, Leonard Cohen, the first two or three McTell albums, Dylan, Lightfoot,Ochs, Bruce Cockburn ...everyone was fair game.
    Our style was a little more advanced and often with more pace than Jansch because of the two guitars.

    I miss those times because I'm not really a solo artist like Tony was. I was backing vocals and guitar. Harmony and clever runs are what people liked. It's impossible to recreate the sound with one person.

    ReplyDelete