Monday, September 21, 2009

Back home...

We eventually arrived back home at 11:20 last night after a very long day of travel. It was so easy to drag ourselves into bed and drift into a deep and welcome sleep.

I woke up this morning confused for a moment as I listened to the traffic...this is noise I've not been used to for the past month. It feels very strange.

Now that I'm actually at work, I'm beginning to wonder if I've been away at all!

Are we glad to be back? More no than yes but we had a great time and made really good progress on the house. It wasn't all work either. We entertained different French friends on two separate occasions, swam in the sea, lazed on the beach, went to Lac Au Duc to watch David windsurf (I only managed to dig my sails out after the visit so I missed out), took our friends along the canal at Josselin in David's boat, played games, jig-saw puzzle(Bev), knitted (Eileen), sat in the garden to read chat and eat, walked around places of interest, picked blackberries, apples and pears, had mini-motor bike races along deserted country tracks with David, walked in the Bois de Chailloux (spelt wrong I'm sure) had bike rides, played with 'Yokki' our inquisitive and energetic neighbourish dog (belongs to Marcel) and also met new people who live nearby.

I counted in excess of 50 jobs completed so it was a busy time.

I can't upload the photographs for some reason but I'll try again tomorrow. Perhaps the missing comments box has something to do with it?