Monday, August 03, 2009

Getting closer

The lamb was just exquisite yesterday. It took all of my will-power to resist wiping up the gravy with a slice of buttered bread. Next time I'll cave in, I'm sure.

Late in the afternoon as we dropped the wildflower paintings off at the Cuthberts, Bev looked so beautiful as the wind blew her hair. If I was a songwriter or poet, I'd have written something to last a thousand years or more. As it was, I just mumbled a few words which were well received but which will be forgotten by tea-time.

We also dropped by to see Eileen who showed us the up-to-date pictures of what David has been up to in France. Why am I still here, I ask myself??

Only two weeks to go!

How many bed-times is that?

It's also getting closer to Amber finishing work on Friday and moving to Blidworth. I think Ash has longer to work, but he's getting...yes, closer; but also very tired!

We've decided to give them a hand to paint a few rooms tonight so they can get to bed earlier for some well earned rest.

Speaking of which...Wendy's panels. They'll form the base of their new bed. Personally, I'd rather be lying on a bed of roses than dandelions...


A little detail...
The colour is a lot more vivid than shown, but there you go!


3 comments:

  1. Dad, they look beautiful-why do I still not have any of your work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    You and me both Juli.
    When I'm in France you can pick one watercolour for birthdays and one oil each Christmas.
    As my favourite daughter you will have them all soon enough anyway.

    I was thinking yesterday of the 'Threads' competition you won at our shop and those women who thought I rigged it.
    I never did, of course...yours was easily the best as voted by all the customers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, how come I only have one piece of your work?

    ReplyDelete