Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Countdown 1...my last day at work

Oh, it feels so good.

Is everything done on my list?

1. Lay the blue bricks.
Done
2.Revised H/T lists onto the computer.
Done
3.Fix Jo Wilkins coat hook.
Dropped by but everywhere was in darkness. Oh well, I tried!
4. Cut the grass.
I tried to cut the grass and the mower spluttered and started smoking. Result...1/2 the lawn is cut. We need a new mower.
5. Trim the ivy...it's taking over.
Step-ladders still over at A&A's. He'll drop them off tonight and I'll do it tomorrow before catching the train.
6. Tidy up the building site and put all tools away.
Done.
7. All emails, blog and phone calls up to date.
Almost there.
8. Return the grinder to Tom.
Bev is taking her mum over to visit and will take the grinder with her.
9. Get everything together that I need to take with me to France.
Done.
10.Currency...euros to take.
Done
11. Haircut.
Done
12. Dentist.
They have re-scheduled me again. Next appointment is 2nd October.

I'm really enjoying my last day at work. Why can't it always be like this?

After I've put the revised H/T lists on the computer tonight, Bev and I will go for a romantic meal at 'The Goose at Gamston'.

Just a couple of hours to go and that's me all finished. No more sitting at my desk for a whole month. I'm excited now and feel like I did as a kid on Christmas morning.

Tomorrow will be my last post for a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment