Thursday, August 13, 2009

Countdown 7...Ah so...

Ah! I've just noticed French Fancy is keeping an eye on my blog. Welcome FF. If you get just half the pleasure out of following this blog as I get out of following yours, you'll be very happy

So, here we are. It's another cerulean blue sky (mixed with dioxazine purple and french ultramarine), and I'll be chained to a wall rather than a desk. I think it'll be so hot that I'll have to dip my bricks in water to stop the mortar from being sucked dry.

I've decided to go with the chipped bricks to add to the authenticity of antiquity. Actually, I've no choice.

Ah so, reminds me of a pre-rap rap that Nigel Grainger and me made up in the early '60's on a day not unlike today. I say it perhaps twice a year and our kids have caught a word here and there but have never managed to catch it all. Every time I say it-and I say it very fast-they plead with me to say it again so they can get another word in place.

Whichever of them reads this will be the first to have all the words.

Why now? That wall might see me off and it'll be lost forever!

So, after 46 years, here it is written down...

Ah,so liza tiza riza sliza onna bonna donna bowie rowie Ah bista damma wamma slamma biffi ticky micky monga zala boofis.

There you go! You have to say it under 8 seconds.

I'm off to do some work now. The very next sentence will be about 8 hours away.

Old brickwork completed. There's just the rosemary tiles and blue bricks to do.

Bev not feeling very well. She thinks she has a bog-standard cold. Definitely not swine flu she says. Mmmm, I wonder if she's just trying to make me feel good?

Two cars crashed right outside our house as Bev and I were looking at the wall. The first car swerved to miss our visitor's stationary car as it was hit and shunted along by the second car. Our were inside talking to MIL and came running out when they heard the screech of brakes. Had the crash happened five minutes earlier, Bev would have been involved with it all.

Later, Bev gave me a description of colour, make, how many people, who got out first, what they were wearing, their approximate age, sex, eye colour, bank details etc! Okay, so I made the bank details bit up, but how on earth can she remember all that? All I could remember was that it was two cars.

Time to relax. Just had a little conversation with Juli who recited the rap and said she learned it ages ago. I think she's having me on!

I've enjoyed today and will add it to my other treasure days thanks to this quote by Robert.

"Why be saddled with this thing called life expectancy? Of what relevance to an individual is such a statistic? Am I to concern myself with an allotment of days I never had and was never promised? Must I check off each day of my life as if I am subtracting from this imaginary hoard? No, on the contrary, I will add each day of my life to my treasure of days lived. And with each day, my treasure will grow, not diminish."~ Robert Brault

2 comments:

  1. There is always so much to take in with your blog posts that I sometimes feel an answer just relating to a couple of things you've mentioned somehow shortchanges you - and I don't mean to be like that.

    First of all I hope Bev is feeling a bit better. Even with an 'ordinary' cold there is always a moment or two that one feels positively dreadful and you wonder if you will ever recover. Of course you do, but raspy throats and headachy sore eyes take ages to pass - with me anyway.

    Thank you very much for the honourable mention - you are very kind :)

    Your rap sounds like the sort of things I mumble to myself when I am taking the dogs for a walk (well, I walk one bichon and Mr FF runs ahead with the other, more energetic one. I get a bit fed up and just say gibberish - it's quite comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Bev is taking a while to get over the cough she's developed. She was frightened of contracting the swine flu and settled happily with the idea of an'ordinary' cold.

    ReplyDelete