Saturday, August 01, 2009

Rain stops play

I had a vivid dream of President Obama last night. He was helping me with some jobs in France and was really getting stuck into it. We were on first name terms and I was really glad of his help. He said he'll be back to do some more.

How strange is that? It's the first time I've dreamt of a world leader. I'm looking forwrd to his return. I've already compiled a list of jobs.

It just isn't cricket! No, it really isn't cricket!

I've been really looking forward to building my front wall today, but the thunder and lightning came and the heavens opened.

Instead, I finished the two wildflower panels for Wendy. I was so engrossed and didn't realise the day had passed. It was a job well done.

I've just made myself a meal (Bev has taken her mum to see relatives) and have read the paper.

It's not often the papers are right, but in describing Sir Bobby Robson who passed away yesterday, they were spot on.

Passionate, proud, humble, courageous, inspirational, dignified, honest, patriotic, gentlemanly, modest and witty. This is Sir Bobby to a tee. Eleven words that describe him perfectly.

I'd be satisfied with half of these. To achieve the other half would necesitate immediate action. Actually you know, I think I only need to work on courage...and possibly modesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment