Monday, August 17, 2009

Countdown 3...loose ends...

Loose ends are always there, aren't they? Things you just have to do before you can feel at peace. None of them are life threatening but I feel compelled to do them. I always feel compelled to do them. It's a matter of conscience. I like to have a clear conscience.

Three evenings left...

1. Lay the blue bricks.
2.Revised H/T lists onto the computer.
3.Fix Jo Wilkins coat hook.
4. Cut the grass.
5. Trim the ivy...it's taking over.
6. Tidy up the building site and put all tools away.
7. All emails, blog and phone calls up to date.
8. Return the grinder to Tom.
9. Get everything together that I need to take with me to France.
10.Currency...euros to take,
11. Haircut.
12. Dentist.

Plus the unexpected things that always surface,

Hey, that's not too bad now that I've written them down. I was feeling there was a lot more to sort out.

I feel a lot better already.

6 comments:

  1. I am also a list person - in fact we call it a todo here - that stems from me reading Mr FF's To Do list only he'd not typed a gap hence - todo.

    I feel so excited on your behalf. We were in your position 6.5 years ago.

    Come on now, get off the net and start crossing off your todo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Dad, you need to do 2,6,9,11 and 12. Do 7 and 3 if you have time, 1 can wait until you get back, Grandma can do 10 for you and 4,5,8 mum can do when you've gone. Sorted now enjoy some time with mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juli speaks words of wisdom as ever Ken! I wouldn't bother going out to Bel-Air anyway - we trashed the place! (only joking...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get Bev to put some money in your Nationwide flex, then you can get your euros at the commercial rate when you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. David will cut your hair - if you're brave enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have FF. I was out building that wall at 10:30pm last night and am about to devour my todo.

    Juli, the reason I want to do 4,5 and 8 is so your mum doesn't have to. What she will do is put the soil in front of the wall and plant flowers...which is really what she likes doing.

    Miss 7 and 3...but I want to visit your blog and have fond memories while I'm away! You would deprive me of that?

    She's coming with me tomorrow night so we can be together.

    I'm touched that you worked all that out though. Thanks. I love you.

    Cryers...since when has Juli spoken words of wisdom? (kidding). I thought you were coming back tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed your stay and you'd better not have trashed anything.

    Eileen, we've found loads of euro stashed away. I'll be taking my Nationwide card anyway. I just needed cash for treats on the way (it is a holiday after all).

    Let David cut my hair? Have I ever been that brave?

    ReplyDelete