Sunday, June 21, 2009

The day is over

I may possibly be in pole position after last nights' mid-year goals review. Somehow though, I'm not particularly fussed about any dangling carrot save it be a warm smile from Bev.
It was the gathering of friends that has always been the draw and ever will be. I hope that it may long continue.

It was difficult to tear ourselves away from such a good gathering but we had double booked and needed to attend Jo's 40th birthday party. We knew she'd appreciate us dropping by and we were glad we did. The downside was the late night but what the heck, you only live once!

I must post the short video of what my son was doing when he was supposed to be giving 100% as the DJ for the evening. It captures his personality well.

Today was a special day when hidden layers were revealed leaving me feeling emotional and very proud of my family.

After church we departed in a variety of cars and convened at our place for another good extended family gathering. Although Juli and Chris weren't able to attend, we had a brief chat on the phone.

Pete (Sarah's brother) picked up my guitar and played good. He's recommended me checking out Jose Gonzales and Sea Sick Steve.

I really do think I could write volumes about today.

Everyone has now gone, it's dark, I'm tired but happy...Bev's already in bed and I'm here in the quiet of the night, reluctant to concede the day is over.
Serene and Sarah with a little bit of Bev...

No comments:

Post a Comment