Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Running out of time

I'm not making good progress with my French.

Have you ever tried to do things with your left hand if you are right handed? Things like brushing your teeth, navigating with a mouse, combing your hair or writing a letter. Well, my French is far worse than trying to write a letter clearly and neatly with my left hand. I know it's just a matter of practice but I have no resolve it seems. Am I a lost cause? Am I just too old and pathetic? Well, I guess time will tell.

Time is the theme of today's blog post.

We drove to work today to save time even though it's one of those beautiful bright mornings. There are people handing things out at the entrance to the car park. I bet it's to do with 'Swine Flu'. I came in a separate entrance so I'll have to go and check it out in a little while (I'm nosey!)

I'm back home already. Yes, it was so busy that I ran out of time to find out who they were at the entrance.

I had a thought earlier today. If time was available to buy, would I buy even though I'm struggling with what I've got?

The garden, as pleasant as it is, grows too quickly without a lot of involvement. For every email I do at work, another five are there to replace it. The house is in need of constant care and there are millions of things to do. Do we ever get on top of things? Buying time would solve the problem wouldn't it?

Well, I concluded that if it WAS available to buy and I could afford it, I'd wait for the BOGOF or the special offers like buy five days and get the week-end thrown in.

Thinking about it more seriously (all this was during a half hour lunch break), I decided that all I'd really want was a pause button (it's cheaper than buying)...not an apathy button or a disinterested in life button or couldn't care less button. I wouldn't mind a chocolate button (so long as it wasn't galaxy).

I don't really want to be racing through life like a Jenson Button. I want the slow lane on the motorway of life. I want time to learn French, sleep nine hours like the French, have a siesta like the French and spend time smelling the roses. I want to savour every second and stretch it out as long as possible.

I'm 57 years old (I had to take time to work it out) and I guess today I was feeling I shouldn't be wasting time sitting behind a desk.

I enjoyed time tonight with Bev watching 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' and all of a sudden I've snapped out of it. I'm lucky I have a job to go to. I'm content again. Life is good!

I tell you what, I'm having some strange thoughts of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment