Thursday, May 07, 2009

qu'est-ce qui se passe?

It's another bright and beautiful 'feelgood' morning. I had to drag Bev from gazing lovingly into the back garden into the the real world of getting to work on time. Had to take the car again...tsk! tsk! She's promised herself that tonight the garden takes priority over everything.

For me, priority has to be catching up on reports, emails, reading and lists...H/T, lessons, and things to do and prepare for.

Alors, qu'est-ce qui se passe maintenant? (So, what's happening now?)

I'm doing some French. Yes, French! One has to make the effort you know.

J'ai presque oublier (I almost forgot)... that I'm supposed to learn the language.
J'ai presque oublier... that the Gatton Founders Day is this Sunday.
J'ai presque oublier... that I haven't picked up the chain saw blade yet.
J'ai presque oublier... that I start work in 15 minutes and I've other things to do before starting.

Just checked my emails and was pleased to see a reply from Tracy in Mohon. She's kindly offered to meet up and give valuable advice on living in Brittany. Yes, I've agreed to meet another woman in a foreign country but don't panic...it's not as bad as it reads and have you forgotten I'm bald headed and short sighted.

Tracy moved to France in 2006 with her husband and currently runs a mobile hairdressing business. It looks like she meets with her friends at La Taverne in Josselin now and again, which is just 15 minutes from where Bel-Air is. Actually it must be a bit more than now and again because the owners have named a coffee and pizza after her.

La Taverne...I hope they are showing the European Cup Final on 27th May. If they are, it's where I'll be for sure (It might be the Hotel de France that shows the live football).

Add Image Next door...


Josselin...That's David and Eileen with the family on the boat.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having fun in the process Ken. Wishing you and Bev. all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete