Wednesday, May 13, 2009

First time

I woke up this morning unable to get a song from the '60's out of my head. I was trying to remember all the words.

'Woke up this morning half asleep with all my blankets in a heap, and yellow roses scattered all around me'. Electric Light Orchestra

Actually, I think it was the '70's.

That's the only verse I could remember but it was a happy start to the day.

At breakfast I opened the fridge and was surprised at a truly random thought I'd never had before...

'Everything I'm looking at now will go through one of us soon'.

Well, what a thing to think about on a happy sunny morning. It made me think of a few other 'first time' things.

First time things..like when I ate swede (it was also the last time), climbed a tree, watched a bonfire, ate a banana, had pair of new shoes, first kiss, rode a bike, first time I met Bev, Killed something other than earwigs and bugs, first friend, first midnight skinny-dip, dentist's appointment, blush, award, dead body, first hard back book, milk drink and the first time I watched television.

Staying on the theme of 'first time', someone once said there is no more original thought but I think there is.

'Vitamin C, cod liver oil, listening to the washing and the kettle on the boil' is a little verse I thought of as I experienced it this morning. I thought it before I wrote it. If it isn't original, what is it?

Here's another...'plip, plop, drip, drop, plip, plop, plip...plop! (I like the last anticipated plop!)

I think that the second time you do something is the first time too (it's the first time you've done it twice etc!) . As such, everything we do is for the first time and is original as it relates to us.

This bizarre train of thought reminds me of a book I read about 40 years ago entitled 'Journey to Ixtlan' by Carlos Casteneda in which he took us on a journey (one that we make regularly) and asks us to view it as if it was for the very first time, totally fresh and without recognition.

Anyway, perhaps I'd better get back to simpler things and try and convince anyone visiting my blog that I'm not off my rocker ...I'm just having a weird day with weird thoughts.

I discovered this morning (for the first time) that when the morning sun shines, it floods through no less than six areas of our house. No wonder I like the place.

Photo showing the direction of the early morning sun...

I've now posted photo's of the bluebells on the 'War and Peace' post...along with the correct spelling for 'embarrassed'. So embarrassed! (not for the first time)

No comments:

Post a Comment