Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's time!

If yesterday was Wednesday, this must be Thursday!

I'm feeling groggy and had difficulty getting up this morning. I was trying to work out how many times I'd expect to say 'Many happy returns' this year. I had this persistent thought that suggested it should only be said once a year...which is only true for the recipient of course, but I just had to start counting. I counted 30 before cutting myself short with the words 'Enough, It's time to get up'.

Actually you know, I never say 'Many happy returns...always 'Happy Birthday'.

Anyway, I was glad I didn't have bad dreams during the night because the night of the rainbow...when I was all alone, was a night to forget.

I hate nightmares. Why do I always get them when I'm in the dark and in this case all alone?

Last night's dreams, although not frightening, were vivid and as real as my typing this sentence.

I walked in a building with the intention of watching a boxing match with my friend David. On entering, he immediately started to cut the grass and fix a sawbench. I took my jumper off with the intention of helping but started to wander as the fight hadn't started yet. As I was doing so, first my son Martin passed me with hardly a word of acknowledgment. He was swiftly followed by other family and friends. Even Bev, who had all of our children as toddlers with her, passed me before standing at a counter to buy tickets for a day out...without me. I felt as if they were all pretending and were really there to surprise me at some point later.

It never happened. The dream ended with three little boys ramming a car into the side of a stationary bus inside a large garage. They walked out of the wreckage smiling but with blood oozing out of various wounds. The Father looked on with obvious concern but with pride that they were able to drive at such a young age.

Weird or what!

I think it's time to have breakfast and get off to work.

Text from Bev. She's ready to come home and the doctor has given her the all clear.

One last journey to Kings Mill and back saw Bev in familiar territory and she's already doing too much. I'm powerless to stop her even though I wear the trousers here...I think!

I'm spending time getting things together for the weekend now. The week has absolutely flown by and there are still little things to do.

Spoke to Juli who has walked the streets of Sunderland today...or should I say she's taken advantage of the nice weather and the fact that the car is being fixed.

She's very tired now and so am I. I think it's time!

Oh, I noticed a little earlier that I have a comment on a posting. I must pay more attention.
I'll read it, visit a few blogs and then it really will be time... for bed, blissful slumber and hopefully very, very, very nice dreams for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment