Monday, May 11, 2009

It'll be alright

We had the family over yesterday after church and enjoyed a relaxing afternoon and evening. Life just can't get better when it's like this.

We also had a very good nights sleep and enjoyed the walk to work this morning. The tractor was cutting the grass again and chose to cross our path when it had all the field to play with. Bev thought he did it deliberately.

I'm wondering if it's going to be as good a day as it should be...especially when I pulled out the front door key to our house and offered it up to the card activated doors at work.
I felt a right idiot.

It wasn't a good day at work even though Karen was back. It was just one of those days full of time consuming problems that were totally preventable.

Would you believe it, that tractor is still on the field!

Posted Emmaleigh's 8th birthday card.

I'm hoping Newcastle and Middlesborough draw tonight in the footy. It'll mean Sunderland stay up.
I've tried for years not to allow Sunderland's results affect my general well being but I always feel better when they win.

I once tried to clap and cheer and force myself to be happy when they lost. I did this because they lost more than they won and I didn't want to feel down too often. I coudn't fool myself though. It never worked...not even once.

I must concentrate tonight on making sure everything is okay for the French visit in two weeks, so I won't feel totally bereft of satisfaction if Newcastle manage a win.

I should have a little faith. They'll stay up. It'll be alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment