Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Monday morning 'blues' on Tuesday

Came in early to do some French only to find I'm supposed to start early anyway to make up for that non-existent dental appointment from last week. Brilliant! Karen's on holiday so there's only Kirsty and myself to cover all the work. What a great start! I'm not amused!

Well, things got worse before getting better, but that usually is the case.

I had a bizarre thought this afternoon. I wrote on my banana (I love how smooth it writes) before skinning it alive and eating it. The remains were thrown into a bin. The bizarre thought was that I imagined that it had feelings and that I was being barbaric. I put it down to sleep deprivation.

I wanted to achieve three things before I catch up on that much needed sleep. The first is to tot up last month's expenses which was only partially done. Secondly, update the blog and third...watch Man U v Arsenal.

As it happens, I've spent an hour playing the guitar and another hour trying to find my diary.

I eventually found it in a mysterious THIRD compartment of the bag I took to Sunderland at the week-end.

Bev's in the garden (where else), re-seeding the areas previously covered with moss and I'm on course to achieve my evenings goals.

For the French element of the blog, I understand that within the last week, French women are voted Europe's slimmest and the French in general have been found to sleep the longest. I'm afraid it's done nothing for my French language aspirations but there you go.

MIL has just told me I've missed 10 minutes of the match. The 'tot up' will have to be during half time.

All done although I really wanted Arsenal to win.

Finished the day reading in bed... a few pages of 'Larkrise'.

No comments:

Post a Comment