Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nearly there

I'm a free man with time to spare on this lovely sunny day.

Bev and I were up early to pack the car with bits and bobs for France before driving over to Clifton to help Martin. The coving didn't take as long as I thought (perhaps I'm just too fast for my own good). Perhaps I'm simply just good and fast. Anyway, we were done and dusted in a few hours and on our way to 124 Davies Road...the place I'll be sleeping tonight before David and I set off for France (4:00am).

Bev and I said our goodbyes and she screeched off smiling, knowing she'll be in the garden in no time at all. Actually, she'll have shed a tear. She always does. In fact, I bet she wouldn't have gone a mile before reaching for a tissue.

David was making me laugh at the spelling mistakes in his list of things to take, and Eileen reminded me that I wasn't perfect myself. She produced a list of about a dozen mistakes in my posts. Sure enough, on checking them I have to hold my hand up to it.

Some were typing errors but some were genuine long-term errors like 'withhold' (it looks fine spelt right but how odd to have two 'H's together... and 'raspberries'. I mean, how was I to know you should have a 'P' in raspberries? I would never dream of it! (Sorry about that! I've just realised how it sounds).

I'm back and have just spelt 'unfortunately' right on yesterdays post. I'm getting paranoid now!

Spoke to Bev on the phone and now I'm ready for bed. It's been a long day. Just a few hours to go. Nearly there!

No, I haven't forgotten about blowing a raspberry from the back of the boat. I might even be wearing the football shirt so they know where I'm coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment