Monday, May 04, 2009

Making a difference

Enjoyed the lie-in. Enjoyed the breakfast. Enjoyed the day.

My companions for the day were Bev, MIL, Arsenal and Sunderland Women's football teams, Hank Williams, Buddy Holly, Damien Rice and Mark Knopfler. We were cocooned in our own little world as we worked on the hall stairs and landing.

It was to be a day visiting the tip and working in the garden but I'm secretly pleased the weather forced us indoors because finishing the jobs inside will give us the greatest satisfaction.

Hope the weather was okay in the North-East for my grandkids who visited Beamish for the first time. They rang me last night to see if I'd recovered.

I was thinking also about how good a person Manny Pacquiao is as I worked away sanding the stair rails. Apparently, the crime rate plummets and war is put on hold in his home country when he fights.

It's incredible how one man can have such an impact in the lives of so many others.

Churchill once said that solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong and it's a wonder Pacquiao grew at all when you consider the poverty he was accustomed to in his youth, and the strength he now enjoys.

Keep going my friend...I'm your newest fan and reckon you'll eventually realise your dream to become the leader of your country and making an even greater difference than you are now.

'Bin a long day and I'm fading fast. My bath was too hot again and I feel weak. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment