Sunday, May 17, 2009

Beliefs?

The basic family unit is considered essential in a stable society yet you will be hard-pressed to find many intact. The basic Christian family unit is even more of a rarity.

We are officially in the minority as we attend Church and embrace Christian family values, as England is no longer a Christian Nation.

The traditional family unit is under attack from every conceivable angle and is taking a battering.

How are the Devine's coping? Okay! Thriving! Vibrant!

Is Christianity dead? Not a chance, nor will it ever be and certainly not amongst the Christians who attend Church every week and who live their religion every day.

Would we like it to change? Of course, but people must have freedom to choose what they will. Exercising free agency is a fundamental part of true Christianity.

Why have I posted this on my blog? Why not? It's on my mind. It's about me. In fact, how can I possibly be seen as a well rounded member of society if it excludes my Christian belief and experience? I'd expect to be afforded the same degree of respect for what I believe in as I'm expected to give others and their respective beliefs. Let everyone believe in who or what they will so long as they afford me the same freedom.

Is this blog going to be a platform to preach? No, It's primarily a personal journal, but anyone visiting needs to know what my colours are, which direction I face and in whom I trust.
I think my Sunday post is likely to include a reflection of the day's experience and subsequent thoughts.

I have many friends and acquaintances who trust other sources, have a different hue to mine and who face a different direction to me, but I still consider them friends as such and worthy of interaction. Friendship is that strange thing which throws all kinds of people together. It's great!

Anyway, I'm going on a bit.

MIL has given us some books with the DVD's attached to take to France. Sense and Sensibility, Little Women, Vanity Fair and Jude. Not sure if we'll have much time to view or read this year, but next year we'll have much more time as everything will be finished.

Made a few phone calls and expanded my list of things to go.

Walked round to see Robin, Niki and little Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment