Saturday, June 13, 2015

Our day out.

Here we are at Port-Louis nice and early.



We are going to get to see all of it.



On our way to the Citadel





About to go through the arch onto the beach...


... and this is the first thing we saw.


Don't ask me!


I had a walk over the rocks...


... and turned to see that she was still there.


I loved these tree wraps.


We'll come back for the guided tour another day. The Citadel was built by the Spaniards in the 16th century and that's about all I know.




I loved this sculpture. We are in Larmor-Plage now.



This church was magnificent...16th Century.


They were preparing for  a wedding.


The church from the outside is just as impressive.


We are on the other side (Larmor-Plage). That's Port-Louis in the distance and if you look closely you'll be able to see the woman on the beach still doing her thing.



There are quite a few bunkers here.


The water is such a nice colour.


The bride about to go into that magnificent church.


Followed by the guests coming from the Mairie's office.


The WW2 submarine base in the background.


A few more wrecks.


A good day, but I'm feeling a bit of a wreck myself right now. We've done more walking than we realised.

Looking forward to having what we bought at the market, for our evening meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment