Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Progress with the Bread Oven

EDF turned the power off for most of the day, so I decided to quickly use the concrete mixer before 9am and again at 1:30 when it came back on for a brief spell.

It's really too hot to work outside and it's so hard to find the right bits of stone...I would rather be painting in the studio on a day like today.

Must make a note to begin this sort of work around tea-time when it's cooler. It was 28 degrees at 8pm when we took off with a chainsaw to help Dave and Annie...EDF had chopped their trees down while they were out, as they were obstructing the cables. What a sight to come home to. He came round asking advice on sharpening his chainsaw. Given the circumstances, it would take a hard man not to offer a helping hand.


Back-filling with stone and mortar takes just as long as finding and laying stone. Should be finished by Saturday if all goes well. Then it'll be the flip side. Can't wait to jet-wash and point this lot up.

3 comments:

  1. That's my boy..... fantastic. I only wish I could be there with you .... brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, David. I was painting yesterday and didn't get a chance to play, and today is raining at last...it's been a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing you can do this type of work...and love it!
    Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. You are a fabulous artist so I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete