Sunday, November 16, 2014

End of the week review.

So here we are at the end of a very wet week. Two good points...managing to squeeze in finishing the top coat of the bread oven and watching the final two films of my goal to read three books and watch the films that came out in 2014. Rainy days aren't always dreary.


The colours are surreal when it's about to chuck it down.


After the memorial service we were treated to refreshments from the mayor and a display of memorabilia from the two world wars.


Bev is centre (blue coat) and I'm just behind her.


I've never seen a genuine German flag.


Our local flag.


Guess who used to live here at Bel-Air (born 1st March). The grandfather of our old neighbour Joseph lived next door, so Pierre Le Bidre must have lived in our house as we are the only two houses here.


And this is what happened to him. He was one of qhite a large family and they all survived the war.






I would have loved to have been able to read that diary.


Yesterday we drove over to Mauron for the Anglo-Info exhibition. This is Dave and Sandra from our French class.

Today we stayed on at church for a celebration meal for Gaell-Morgann Calves who has just returned from her mission in USA. She is such a lovely girl and is over the moon to be speaking English so fluently. If after 18 months I can speak French as well as she can speak English, I will be very happy.

As this blog will now be part of my art endeavours, I thought it best to mention something about art, so here it is...I'm seriously thinking about getting stuck into painting again now that I'm being forced indoors. I do wonder if it's where my heart really is when I'm forced to paint, but if truth be told, I have missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment