Wednesday, April 29, 2009

You are what you eat

'The way he treats his body, you’d think he was renting'.
~Robert Brault, robertbrault.com

I just couldn't eat the second cob I'd made for lunch today. I've been conscious (I've noticed that unless you can spell a word it's difficult to find it in the dictionary...I had to look up conscious) of my expanding waist of late and am battling the effects of sitting down all day. I refused sweets and cake in favour of planning to go for a walk after work and do some jobs after tea.

We enjoyed the walk across the fields after work and down to the old brewery and back. When we got back I sanded the skirting in the hallway which Bev is painting as I type (this is a 50/50 marriage). It's a great feeling to have made a little progress.

Soon we'll sit down to a hot drink and I fancy a piece of cake!

I didn't eat the second cob because I think the cob tasted off. I'm trying to be honest here!

The best news of the day was that Ashley felt he did really well in his second and final interview for PSO. He'll know the results in a week or two.

I'm off onto facebook now to see if Philip can give me a lift from Sunderland after the fight this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Ken,

    I found you just now doing my daily search to see where my quotes are ending up. I'm intrigued by your upcoming move to Brittany (have fancied doing such a thing myself), and I find your journal an easy and entertaining read, so I'll be eavesdropping with regularity. Hope you don't mind; i.e., I'm trusting that you don't intend this blog as a truly personal journal. I will not list myself in your followers box unless you give me the go-ahead.

    smiles,
    rb

    ReplyDelete