Monday, April 27, 2009

Variety, influences and differences

Karen is back at work today lamenting the loss of her friend who died on Saturday.
Tara, sitting opposite me has her thoughts firmly on her holiday next week and Kirsty is strangely quiet but I know that thoughts won't be far adrift from her recent house purchase.

We're all totally different and doing different things. For me, it's recovery time after yesterday. Thankfully, my work responsibility is varied and light for the day and comprises of looking after company and individual transfers, tariff changes and incoming faxes so it's relatively easy to cope with a few stray thoughts about yesterday.

Where the heck did my lunch break go?

Anyway, yes, we are all different but have some things in common...like being fat, thin, stupid or ugly and even have the same or similar belief system, abilities or expertise. Outside of these we are thankfully unique in how we think and who we are.

Two of my favourite unique people who also have that rare blend of humility, humour and vitality are Gordon B Hinckley and Jane Girling. One died last year...perhaps a little longer, and the other this year.

One I listened to a lot and the other I worked with every day and couldn't avoid listening to even if I wanted to.

Both stepped into and out of my life having made a difference to how I currently think.

Both will be forever remembered.

I wonder if I'm making a difference in anyone elses life? I think I'm supposed to!
I think I'd like to!

This day has zoomed by.

I walked down to meet Bev after work and we drove to see Janey. Just typical of her to have picked a brilliant spot to rest...right under a beautiful tree currently in a late full bloom (when she was at work she was always blooming late!)

We (Bev) noticed that it's the first cemetery we are aware of with all the headstones facing the visitor. Very pleasant. I might change my mind about being cremated.

Spoke to her a while and left a flower.

Back home now and too weary to do anything other than totally chill.

Bev's watching her gardening program which ties in nicely with the variety theme.

Why can't all flowers begin with 'F' for flower? Primula's, petunia's, pansies and pelegoniums are easier to remember if they begin with 'F'...frimula's, fetunia's, fansies and felegoniums sounds fine to me. Forget me nots and fuchsia's won't even need to change at all.

Anyway, I'm being a bit of a rambling rose today.
Thank goodness for variety, influences and differences.

Jane Girling...

No comments:

Post a Comment